Twitter Tips and Sample Tweets
You can use Twitter or Facebook to contact your Representative or Senator to ask them to support Minnesota Libraries. Or, use some of the more general tweets below to show the value of Minnesota libraries to your followers and the public. Use the hashtag #MNLibrariesLead.
Also optional to include, the national hashtags for Library Week are #LibrariesStrong and #NationalLibraryWeek. If you schedule them ahead of time to post during National Library Week, they will be ready to go!
Tips for effective tweets
- Twitter engagement is much better when a photo is included with the tweet.
- Remember the hashtag so that people following that hashtag get all the tweets for the day #MNLibrariesLead.
- Remember to use the @[twitter handle of Rep or Senator] because his or her staff member will see it and his or her followers will also see it.
- Don’t worry that your tweet is the same from office to office. It is important to get the @[twitter handle of Rep or Senator] out there and a picture is worth a 1000 words.
- If it helps you remember to use the #hashtag, add it first. It does not matter the order of the Twitter text.
Suggested tweets for National Library Week 2020
Minnesota library tweets
- Buses and vans are rolling this morning to deliver learning materials to @edinaschools students. #WeGotThis #StayHomeMN #MNLibrariesLead [via @bookbagsara]
- We're coming at you with more craft ideas! Today is fold-it Friday, and we've got some simple #origami folds for you to try. This virtual program is waiting for you here: http://ow.ly/CukP50zgsO1 #MNLibrariesLead [via @AnokaCoLibrary)
- Did you miss today's Facebook Live storytime? View our storytime archive on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLogSjs7prVVY8DiZMruQDIsHr8I4MPGXM #MNLibrariesLead [via @stpaullibrary]
- MN, let’s read together! One Book | One Minnesota is a new statewide book club for all ages to come together virtually to read, enjoy, and discuss. The first book is “Because of Winn-Dixie” by Kate DiCamillo! #MNLibrariesLead #onebookmn [via @stpaullibrary]
- We're still here for you and your family. Stay in and stay connected. We've got sing-a-longs, art projects, and resources for you and your little one. https://sppl.org/little-learners #MNLibrariesLead [via @stpaullibrary]
- No card? No problem! Apply for an E-Access Library Card! Details at http://duluthlibrary.org #MNLibrariesLead [via @Duluthlib]
- All the things you can do from home edition of our #ReadThisNewsletter https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/MNHENNE/bulletins/2866b79 #MNLibrariesLead
- When school is closed school librarians continue to point users to reliable online resources to support distance learning such as eLibrary Minnesota provided by @MinitexMN They are offering temporary database access links. #MNLibrariesLead #mnitem [via @ITEMupdates]
General library value tweets
- Because Libraries bring people together even when we have to stay apart #MNLibrariesLead #LibrariesStrong [link to Because graphic with this statement]
- This #NationalLibraryWeek, visit your library’s website to access ebooks, movies, music, video games and so much more. [link] #MNLibrariesLead
- Check out your library’s online selection of free entertainment this #NationalLibraryWeek. From virtual storytimes to movies to audiobooks, you can access them all from home. Learn more at [link]. #MNLibrariesLead
- Support your library this #NationalLibraryWeek, April 19-25, by visiting their website and following them on social media. #LibrariesStrong [link] #MNLibrariesLead
- #NationalLibraryWeek is a great time to visit your library’s website for access to free entertainment and educational materials! RT this message to show your support of libraries and all they do to serve their communities during uncertain times. #LibrariesStrong #MNLibrariesLead