Download the following email template, customize, and send to your Minnesota Senator or Representative. Any text in brackets is either a note and should be removed before sending, or a section that should be edited by you, the writer. Each letter references bill numbers if they exist.
How to find and contact your Minnesota Senator or Representative
- Visit the Who Represents Me website.
- Enter in your home address.
- Click on your Minnesota Senator or Representative, which will bring you to their page.
- On your Senator or Representative's page, look for contact information.
- Make your communication as personal as possible (share how you've seen a patron use the library during COVID-19, which will be more effective than a form letter.
- Be respectful and polite.
- Stay on message and keep to your main points.
- Don't forget the "Ask": "This is what we want you, Senator or Representative, to do for libraries."
- Expanding allowable uses of RLTA and bonding for library construction grants.
- Thank them for their time.